STIF Competency Revalidation
Recertification for STIF Competency follows a 5-yearly cycle. The revalidation criteria, evidence and recommended Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for each Competency is provided in the relevant STIF Competency Revalidation Application Forms.
Your revalidation deadline date is 5 years from the date shown on your Competence Certificate and also advised in your certificate covering letter.
Revalidation fee is £60 for non-BASHH members; no cost for BASHH members.
- Revalidation application forms should be approved and signed by the original Registered STIF Competency Trainer, if possible, or another Registered STIF Competency Trainer
- Trainees who originally completed STIF Intermediate pre-2020 will be asked to undertake a few additional competency assessments which have been added. Please ask the STIF secretariat for more information
- Trainees who originally completed STIF Advanced before 2020 may wish to optionally add a number of extra competencies in Gynaecology and Genital Dermatology. Please ask the STIF secretariat for more information
- Applicants without a local Registered STIF Competency Trainer, and with no Registered STIF Competency Trainers nearby, can apply via a self-certification of continued competence route completing the appropriate section of the application form using the reflective model demonstrating cases that cover the required areas of competency.
- In the case of long-term sickness or maternity leave, revalidation applicants will need to apply or a revalidation extension and then submit their revalidation application after their return to clinical practice and only when they have met the revalidation criteria in full.